Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Years of Experience: Five
Mara Consulting is growing its team to support increasing demand for our services from new and existing clients and continued growth of our consulting services. We are currently seeking individuals with business analysis experience to join our team.
Mara Consulting provides business, privacy, technology and project management consulting services to Atlantic Canadian governments and healthcare organizations. Mara consultants have deep domain knowledge in the government and healthcare sectors and a long and proven track record of leading successful consulting engagements for local and national clients.
Our people and values make us respected partners for our clients. At Mara, we pride ourselves in hiring the best people who share our team’s values of quality, integrity and customer service excellence, and our passion and desire to provide the best consulting services to the Atlantic marketplace. This allows us to consistently provide trusted advice and proven value to our customers.
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. The ideal consultant will be located in Halifax but other Atlantic Canadian locations will also be considered.
Your Role and Focus:
As a Business Analyst, you will work with our clients in understanding their business needs and leverage the Mara team to craft solutions to meet those needs. As a member of our team, you are committed to meeting client expectations.
- Facilitate client requirement workshops and interviews to gather and validate business requirements;
- Perform process modeling for complex business systems;
- Support feasibility and cost benefit analysis;
- Provide support to both client and team members;
- Work with Solution Architect(s) to ensure that the solutions aligns requirements;
- May work with the Privacy Teams to support privacy impact assessments;
- Responsible for integrity of system/project being delivered;
- Communicate any changes/impacts to client and project team;
- Participate in opportunity assessments and business case development;
- Clearly articulate concepts and ideas to all levels of the project team including clients, team members, and stakeholders.
- May assume various project roles as required.
- Undergraduate degree in any of the following; Computer Science, Engineering, Commerce (MIS) or Science or completion of a diploma program from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Prerequisite is a minimum of 5 years’ experience and/or demonstrated capability in the Information Technology, Information Management or related fields.
- High level of comfort with business and technology strategy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate business requirements to solution designs.
- Experience documenting and designing business solutions using Use Cases and other solution development methods.
- Ability to effectively manage communication within the project team.
- Health care experience is an asset.
If you have the skills above and a desire to advance your career, please submit your detailed resume and a brief cover letter expressing what makes you an excellent candidate for this role to email@example.com.
We thank all applications for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.