Mara is currently looking to fill the following roles in our Halifax and Moncton locations. Click on a role to see its full description.
Location: New Brunswick (preferably Moncton, NB) or Halifax, Nova Scotia
Years of Experience: Five years
Mara Consulting is growing its team to support increasing demand for our services from new and existing clients and continued growth of our privacy practice. We are currently seeking individuals with experience in privacy analysis, policy analysis, risk management with a strong interest and aptitude for privacy and legislative analysis to join our team. Experienced business and policy analysts with interest in working in the growing field of privacy are also encouraged to apply.
Mara Consulting is a professional services firm with offices in Halifax and Moncton with a focus on providing business, privacy, technology and project management consulting services to Atlantic Canadian public sector and healthcare organizations. Mara consultants have deep domain knowledge in these sectors and a long and proven track record of leading successful consulting engagements for local and national clients. Mara is a leading provider of privacy consulting services within Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.
Our people and values make us a respected partners for our clients. At Mara, we pride ourselves in hiring the best people who share our team’s values of quality, integrity and customer service excellence, and our passion and desire to provide the best value in consulting services to the Atlantic marketplace. This allows us to consistently provide trusted advice and proven value to our customers.
As a key member of Mara’s Privacy Practice, you will have the opportunity to participate in projects in a wide range of related areas, such as: privacy impact assessments and gap analyses; privacy program development; policy analysis and development; legislative analysis; risk assessments; business process and data flow analysis; and information security risk assessments.
As the ideal candidate, you understand privacy principles and practices, have a strong aptitude for policy and legislative analysis, and have successfully applied these skills to client assignments, particularly those in the public sector. You have a strong interest and experience working in areas such as privacy, information security, risk, and/or policy management and bring a strong fundamental understanding of the underlying principles.
You have a proven reputation for adding value to clients in these areas, and you are excited about the prospect of continuing to develop and apply your skills in a variety of client settings, working with other members of the Mara Team.
- Participate in privacy impact assessments or privacy or security risk assessments, working with members of the Mara and client teams;
- Develop or analyze policies and legislation, in support of privacy and security deliverables;
- Conduct business process and data flow analyses;
- Develop privacy management or information security tools, frameworks, policies and processes for or in support of clients;
- Conduct research and analysis in support of policy development or privacy or information security deliverables;
- Collaborate professionally with other team members and client leaders; and
- Lead or participate in client meetings, workshops, consultations.
- Travel to client locations may be required within Atlantic Canada, with a primary focus on NB and NS.
- Five years of recent, relevant experience in a policy analyst, business analyst, legal advisory, risk management, information management or privacy-related role;
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, law, information management or related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Experience developing and analyzing policies and/or legislation;
- Understanding of risk management concepts including identification and assessment of risks and development of risk mitigation strategies;
- Knowledge or prior experience working with provincial and/or federal privacy legislation or applying privacy principles and best practices;
- Excellent written communication skills including report writing, presentations, policies, proposals, etc.;
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills;
- High level of attention to detail when appropriate, balanced with the ability to produce reports and other deliverables that clearly and effectively communicate top level findings to clients;
- Strong consultative skills, including facilitation, issue identification and resolution, and problem solving;
- Exemplary client service skills and proven client-focused approach;
- Certification(s) in privacy, security, risk or information management would be considered an asset;
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
If you have the skills and experience above, a keen interest in privacy, legislation, and policy-related topics, and a desire to contribute to the growth and development of Mara’s Privacy, Information Security and Risk Management Practice, please submit your detailed resume and a brief cover letter expressing what makes you an excellent candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applications for their interest; however, Mara reserves the right to contact only those individuals selected for an interview.
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Years of Experience: More than five years
Mara Consulting is a professional services firm with offices in Halifax and Moncton with a focus on providing business, privacy, technology and project management consulting services to Atlantic Canadian governments and healthcare organizations. Mara consultants have deep domain knowledge in the government and healthcare sectors and a long and proven track record of leading successful consulting engagements for local and national clients.
Our people and values make us a respected partner for our clients. At Mara, we pride ourselves in hiring the best people who share our team’s values of quality, integrity and customer service excellence, and our passion and desire to provide the best value in consulting services to the Atlantic marketplace. This allows us to consistently provide trusted advice and proven value to our customers.
Mara is growing its consulting team to support increasing demand for its services among new and existing clients.
We are currently looking for experienced Business Analysts to join our team in Halifax.
Your Role and Focus:
As a Business Analyst, you will work with our clients in understanding their business needs and leverage the Mara team to craft solutions to meet those needs. As a member of our team, you are committed to meeting client expectations.
- Facilitate client requirement workshops and interviews to gather and validate business requirements;
- Perform process modeling for complex business systems;
- Support feasibility and cost benefit analysis;
- Provide support to both client and team members;
- Work with the Solution Architect(s) to ensure that solutions align with requirements;
- Responsible for integrity of system/project being delivered;
- Communicate any changes/impacts to client and project team;
- Participate in opportunity assessments and business case development;
- Clearly articulate concepts and ideas to all levels of the project team including clients, team members, and stakeholders.
- May assume various project roles as required.
- Undergraduate degree in any of the following; Computer Science, Engineering, Commerce (MIS) or Science or completion of a diploma program from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Prerequisite is a minimum of 5 years’ experience and/or demonstrated capability in the Information Technology, Information Management or related fields.
- High level of comfort with business and technology strategy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to translate business requirements to solution designs.
- Experience documenting and designing business solutions through the use of Use Cases and other solution development methods.
- Ability to effectively manage communication within the project team.
- Has breadth & depth of industry knowledge.
If you have the skills above and a desire to advance your career, please submit your detailed resume and a brief cover letter expressing what makes you an excellent candidate for this role to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, Mara reserves the right to contact only those individuals selected for an interview.