Location: Nova Scotia or New Brunswick
Years of Experience: Five
Mara Consulting is growing its team to support increasing demand for our services from new and existing clients and continued growth of our privacy practice. We are currently seeking individuals with experience in privacy analysis, policy analysis, and/or risk management with a strong interest and aptitude for privacy to join our team. Experienced business and policy analysts with interest in working in the growing field of privacy are also encouraged to apply.
Mara Consulting provides business, privacy, technology and project management consulting services to Atlantic Canadian governments and healthcare organizations. Mara consultants have deep domain knowledge in the government and healthcare sectors and a long and proven track record of leading successful consulting engagements for local and national clients.
Our people and values make us respected partners for our clients. At Mara, we pride ourselves in hiring the best people who share our team’s values of quality, integrity and customer service excellence, and our passion and desire to provide the best consulting services to the Atlantic marketplace. This allows us to consistently provide trusted advice and proven value to our customers.
We are currently looking for an experienced Privacy Consultant to join our team. The ideal consultant will be located either in Halifax or Moncton, but other Atlantic Canadian locations will also be considered.
As a key member of Mara’s Privacy Practice, you will have the opportunity to participate in projects in a wide range of related areas, such as: privacy impact assessments and gap analyses; privacy program development; policy analysis and development; risk assessments; business process and data flow analysis; and development of training materials.
As the ideal candidate, you have strong analytical and writing skills, understand privacy principles and practices, have a strong aptitude for analyzing and interpreting policy and legislation and a fundamental understanding of the underlying principles, and you have successfully applied these skills to client assignments, particularly those in the public sector. You have a keen interest and bring experience working in areas such as privacy, information security, risk, and/or policy management.
You have a proven reputation for adding value to clients in these areas, and you are excited about the prospect of continuing to develop and apply your skills in a variety of client settings, working with other members of the Mara Team.
- Participate in privacy impact assessments or development of other privacy deliverables, working with members of the Mara and client teams;
- Conduct business process and data flow analyses;
- Develop privacy management tools, frameworks, policies and processes for or in support of clients;
- Conduct research and analysis and analyze legislation in support of policy development or privacy deliverables;
- Collaborate professionally with other team members and client leaders; and
- Lead or participate in client meetings, workshops, consultations.
- Travel to client locations may be required within Atlantic Canada, with a primary focus on NB and NS.
- Five years of recent, relevant experience in a policy analyst, business analyst, legal advisory, risk management, information management or privacy-related role;
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, law, public administration, information management or related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Experience developing and analyzing policies and/or legislation;
- Understanding of risk management concepts including identification and assessment of risks and development of risk mitigation strategies;
- Knowledge or prior experience applying privacy principles and best practices;
- Excellent written communication skills including report writing, presentations, policies, proposals, etc.;
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills;
- High level of attention to detail when appropriate, balanced with the ability to produce reports and other deliverables that clearly and effectively communicate top level findings to clients;
- Strong consultative skills, including facilitation, issue identification and resolution, and problem solving;
- Exemplary client service skills and proven client-focused approach;
- Certification(s) in privacy would be considered an asset;
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
If you have the skills and experience above, a keen interest in privacy, legislation, and policy-related topics, and a desire to contribute to the growth and development of Mara’s Privacy Practice, please submit your detailed resume and a brief cover letter expressing what makes you an excellent candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applications for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.