Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Years of Experience: 10 or more
Mara Consulting is growing its team to support increasing demand for our services from new and existing clients and continued growth of our consulting services. We are currently seeking individuals with project management experience to join our team.
Mara Consulting provides business, privacy, technology and project management consulting services to Atlantic Canadian governments and healthcare organizations. Mara consultants have deep domain knowledge in the government and healthcare sectors and a long and proven track record of leading successful consulting engagements for local and national clients.
Our people and values make us respected partners for our clients. At Mara, we pride ourselves in hiring the best people who share our team’s values of quality, integrity and customer service excellence, and our passion and desire to provide the best consulting services to the Atlantic marketplace. This allows us to consistently provide trusted advice and proven value to our customers.
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. The ideal consultant will be located in Halifax but other Atlantic Canadian locations will also be considered.
As Project Manager you will act as the primary client contact responsible for fulfilling our clients’ project requirements. You will lead the planning, managing, and delivery of projects. In this leadership role, you will work with clients to define the project context, to develop project plans and to plan and manage scope, schedule, resources, budget, quality, expectations, issues, risks and change management.
- Interact directly with client;
- Maintain overall project plan and related documentation;
- Lead, motivate and provide guidance/coaching to team members;
- Plan, organize and manage projects through the project lifecycle;
- Provide estimates and budgets for projects;
- Assign responsibilities for tasks and deliverables to project team members;
- Identify and implement solutions to emerging project issues and risks;
- Collaborate professionally with other team members and corporate leaders;
- Develop and maintain professional and supportive relationships and networks of contacts with people and organizations that are or might be, useful in achieving work-related goals;
- Understands organizational dynamics and priorities, and can gain and sustain the support of diverse project stakeholders;
- Adapts project management methodologies, tools and techniques to meet the needs of specific engagements;
- Has strong consulting skills, including facilitation, issue identification and resolution, and problem solving.
- At a minimum, Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience as a project manager and 15+ years overall experience.
- Experience in healthcare will be considered an asset.
If you have the skills above and a desire to advance your career, please submit your detailed resume and a brief cover letter expressing what makes you an excellent candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applications for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.