Location: Nova Scotia or New Brunswick
Years of Experience: Five
Mara Consulting is growing its team to support increasing demand for our services from new and existing clients and continued growth of our security practice. We are currently seeking individuals with experience in security / threat risk assessments, penetration testing, security architecture and design and/or risk management with a strong interest and aptitude for security to join our team. Experienced developers, solution and technical architects, and cloud architects with interest in working in the growing field of security are also encouraged to apply.
Mara Consulting provides business, privacy, technology and project management consulting services to Atlantic Canadian governments and healthcare organizations. Mara consultants have deep domain knowledge in the government and healthcare sectors and a long and proven track record of leading successful consulting engagements for local and national clients.
Our people and values make us respected partners for our clients. At Mara, we pride ourselves in hiring the best people who share our team’s values of quality, integrity and customer service excellence, and our passion and desire to provide the best consulting services to the Atlantic marketplace. This allows us to consistently provide trusted advice and proven value to our customers.
We are currently looking for an experienced Security Analyst to join our team. The ideal consultant will be located either in Halifax or Moncton, but other Atlantic Canadian locations will also be considered.
As a key member of Mara’s Security’s Practice, you will have the opportunity to participate in projects in a wide range of related areas such as: security / threat risk assessments, vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, security architecture and design planning, security program reviews, security policy development, and ongoing security-related support for our Privacy Practice.
As the ideal candidate, you have strong analytical and writing skills, understand international security standards, frameworks and best-practices, have a strong foundation of application, platform and infrastructure security best-practices, understand cloud deployment and security models, and you have demonstrated experience applying these skills to client assignments, particularly those in the public sector. You have a keen interest and bring experience working in areas such as security planning, design and assessments; digital service architecture and design; infrastructure design and deployment; secure cloud architectures; risk assessments; and privacy.
You have a proven reputation for adding value to clients in these areas, and you are excited about the prospect of continuing to develop and apply your skills in a variety of client settings, working with other members of the Mara Team.
- Lead and/or support the delivery of threat risk assessments / security assessments, working with members of the Mara and client teams;
- Lead and/or support the delivery of vulnerability assessments and penetration tests;
- Conduct application security architecture and design reviews;
- Conduct infrastructure security architecture and design reviews;
- Conduct cloud security architecture and design reviews;
- Develop security policies for or in support of clients;
- Provide security analysis and assessments in support of privacy impact assessments;
- Collaborate professionally with other team members and client leaders; and
- Lead or participate in client meetings, workshops, consultations.
- Travel to client locations may be required within Atlantic Canada, with a primary focus on NS and NB.
- Five years of recent, relevant experience in a security analyst, penetration tester or risk management role;
- Undergraduate degree or college certificate in computer science, software engineering, information management or related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Experience preparing and/or assessing application, infrastructure or cloud security architectures and designs;
- Understanding of risk management concepts including identification and assessment of risks and development of risk mitigation strategies;
- Knowledge or prior experience applying security standards, frameworks and best practices;
- Knowledge or prior experience delivering identity and access management (IAM) solutions and services;
- Excellent written communication skills including report writing, presentations, policies, proposals, etc.;
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills;
- High level of attention to detail when appropriate, balanced with the ability to produce reports and other deliverables that clearly and effectively communicate top level findings to clients;
- Strong consultative skills, including facilitation, issue identification and resolution, and problem solving;
- Exemplary client service skills and proven client-focused approach;
- Certification(s) in security, risk or information management would be considered an asset;
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
If you have the skills and experience above, a keen interest in security and related topics, and a desire to contribute to the growth and development of Mara’s Security Practice, please submit your detailed resume and a brief cover letter expressing what makes you an excellent candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applications for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.