Location: Nova Scotia or New Brunswick
Years of Experience: Five years
Be part of an awesome team! Mara Consulting is poised for growth and excited to welcome new colleagues.
What makes us different?
We support our employees in finding the best fit within our company – for their growth, their careers, their families, and their lives. Some of us of like to dive deeply into specific disciplines, while others like the variety of working on projects in different knowledge areas – and there is room for both at Mara Consulting. Our structure and size give you choice, and we’ll work with you during your career at Mara to find the best fit.
About the Opportunity:
We’re currently looking for Business Analysts in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick who ideally have experience in health and/or public sector settings.
Mara Consulting helps public sector and healthcare organizations improve and transform service delivery by applying our expertise in Technology, Privacy, Cyber Security, Change Management and Business Consulting. We believe innovative solutions are developed by smart people asking great questions. We help clients think through complex challenges for which there is no clear path and provide trusted guidance in managing risk. We believe in working collaboratively to tap into the best of our teams. And we like to enjoy ourselves along the way!
- We are deliberately creative: We intentionally look for innovative solutions that provide value. We make unexpected connections to find a way forward with complex problems.
- We practice facilitative leadership: Our aim is to build capacity, not dependence. We believe in the inherent worth of people and in what they can accomplish collectively.
- Fun is a hallmark of how we work together: We are serious about our work, but not ourselves. We have failed if the demands of a job make us strangers to our families and friends.
- We revel in our work: We nurture our team and take on challenges with optimism. We love to learn.
- We respect one another and our clients: We listen with respect to contributions from employees, clients, and colleagues. We value our employees’ diverse work and life experiences.
- As a Business Analyst, you will work with our clients to understand their business needs and help to develop digital solutions, and supporting processes, using user centred service design methods.
- Work with our clients on projects using modern agile methodologies and approaches.
- Identify and analyze problems and issues that may affect the successful adoption of the solution or service.
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to ensure that the team’s plans and objectives are achieved.
- Analyze business requirements and user needs to agree on detailed functional and technical specifications, requirements and plans.
- Gather and analyze data relating to the costs and benefits of potential solutions.
- Clearly articulate concepts and ideas to all levels of the project team, including clients, team members; and stakeholders.
The experience you’ll bring:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Computer Science.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience in delivering solutions and services following agile methodologies, exceeding clients’ expectations along the way.
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- An understanding of user centric design, digital services, security and privacy.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity.
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills that you can to tailor to the needs of the audience.
- Strong consultative skills, including facilitation, issue identification and resolution, and problem solving.
- Exemplary client service skills and ability to collaborate with people at all organizational levels; and,
- Experience in the public and/or healthcare sectors will be considered an asset.
- Professional certification (e.g. CAP, IIBA) in business analysis will be considered an asset.
We thank all applications for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.