Location: Nova Scotia or New Brunswick
Years of Experience: 5 years
Be part of an awesome team! Mara Consulting is poised for growth and excited to welcome new colleagues.
What makes us different?
We support our employees in finding the best fit within our company – for their growth, their careers, their families, and their lives. Some of us of like to dive deeply into specific disciplines, while others like the variety of working on projects in different knowledge areas – and there is room for both at Mara Consulting. Our structure and size give you choice, and we’ll work with you during your career at Mara to find the best fit.
If this sounds like you, come be part of our growing team!
About the Opportunity:
We’re currently looking for experienced Cybersecurity Analysts to join our respected and growing Privacy & Cybersecurity Team.
Mara Consulting helps public sector and healthcare organizations improve and transform service delivery by applying our expertise in Technology, Privacy, Cyber Security, Change Management and Business Consulting. We believe innovative solutions are developed by smart people asking great questions. We help clients think through complex challenges for which there is no clear path and provide trusted guidance in managing risk. We believe in working collaboratively to tap into the best of our teams. And we like to enjoy ourselves along the way!
- We are deliberately creative: We intentionally look for innovative solutions that provide value. We make unexpected connections to find a way forward with complex problems.
- We practice facilitative leadership: Our aim is to build capacity, not dependence. We believe in the inherent worth of people and in what they can accomplish collectively.
- Fun is a hallmark of how we work together: We are serious about our work, but not ourselves. We have failed if the demands of a job make us strangers to our families and friends.
- We revel in our work: We nurture our team and take on challenges with optimism. We love to learn.
- We respect one another and our clients: We listen with respect to contributions from employees, clients, and colleagues. We value our employees’ diverse work and life experiences.
- As a Cybersecurity Analyst, you’ll work with other Mara team members, clients and partners on a wide range of security, risk, and technical projects and challenges to best meet client needs such as:
- Leading security risk assessments including Threat and Risk Assessments (TRAs), Vulnerability Assessments, Penetration Tests, or PCI compliance assessments to support new projects, services and digital solutions;
- Supporting privacy assessments;
- Development or assessment of security programs, tools and approaches using best practice frameworks and methodologies;
- Analysis and research related to the application of leading security best practices to proposed technologies, solutions, or systems;
- Development of security policies and other risk mitigation tools such as incident response procedures, business continuity plans and disaster recovery procedures
- Work with our clients to understand their business, technical and security needs and help them to develop cybersecurity solutions and designs to meet those needs.
- Provide strategic advice on using technology securely to achieve our client goals and objectives.
- Clearly articulate technical and security concepts and ideas to all levels of the project team, including client team members, stakeholders, and project sponsors.
The Experience You’ll Bring:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Security or Engineering or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience working in the area of cybersecurity in an analyst role.
- Strong understanding of risk management
- Excellence in communicating technical and security concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience leading security risk assessments including Threat and Risk Assessments (TRAs), Vulnerability Assessments, Penetration Tests, or PCI compliance assessments.
- Experience preparing and/or assessing technical and security solution designs.
- A sound understanding of international security standards, frameworks, and best practices and experience applying same.
- Experience with assessing cloud deployment and security models.
- Experience in the field of identity and access management.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity.
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills that you can to tailor to the needs of the audience.
- Strong consultative skills, including facilitation, issue identification and resolution, and problem solving.
- Exemplary client service skills and ability to collaborate with people at all organizational levels.
- Experience in the public and/or healthcare sectors will be considered an asset.
- Any of the following certifications would be considered an asset: CISSP, GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials, CISM, CEH, Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT), Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), or Canadian Institute of Access and Privacy Professional (CIAPP) Certifications.
We thank all applications for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.