Location: Mara head office in Halifax, Nova Scotia or remote work from other Canadian locations
Years of Experience: Five years
Be part of an awesome team! Mara Consulting is poised for growth and excited to welcome new colleagues.
What makes us different?
We support our employees in finding the best fit within our company – for their growth, their careers, their families, and their lives. Some of us of like to dive deeply into specific disciplines, while others like the variety of working on projects in different knowledge areas – and there is room for both at Mara Consulting. Our structure and size give you choice, and we’ll work with you during your career at Mara to find the best fit.
About the Opportunity:
We’re currently looking for Privacy Analysts to join our respected and growing Privacy Team as we expand our service offerings and client base in this area.
Mara Consulting helps public sector and healthcare organizations improve and transform service delivery by applying our expertise in Technology, Privacy, Cyber Security, Change Management and Business Consulting. We believe innovative solutions are developed by smart people asking great questions. We help clients think through complex challenges for which there is no clear path and provide trusted guidance in managing risk. We believe in working collaboratively to tap into the best of our teams. And we like to enjoy ourselves along the way!
- We are deliberately creative: We intentionally look for innovative solutions that provide value. We make unexpected connections to find a way forward with complex problems.
- We practice facilitative leadership: Our aim is to build capacity, not dependence. We believe in the inherent worth of people and in what they can accomplish collectively.
- Fun is a hallmark of how we work together: We are serious about our work, but not ourselves. We have failed if the demands of a job make us strangers to our families and friends.
- We revel in our work: We nurture our team and take on challenges with optimism. We love to learn.
- We respect one another and our clients: We listen with respect to contributions from employees, clients, and colleagues. We value our employees’ diverse work and life experiences.
- As a member of Mara’s Privacy Practice, you’ll work with other Mara team members, clients and partners on a wide range of privacy, risk, legislative and policy related projects and challenges to best meet client needs such as:
- Privacy assessments to support new projects, services and digital solutions;
- Privacy management programs, tools and approaches
- Privacy policies, statements, and notices
- Analysis and research related to the application of privacy laws and leading best practices;
- Developing and delivering training materials, guides and tools
- Work with our clients to help them understand privacy risks and obligations and tailoring privacy management solutions to meet those needs.
- Clearly articulate privacy, legislative and technical concepts and ideas to all levels of the project team, including client team members, stakeholders, and project sponsors.
The experience you’ll bring:
- Five or more years of experience in a similar role applying privacy skills and knowledge to client assignments, ideally within the public and/or healthcare sectors.
- An undergraduate degree in a related discipline (a Masters Degree in Public Administration and/or a Law Degree will be considered an asset).
- Ability to communicate technical and legal information effectively and clearly to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity.
- Strong consultative skills, including facilitation, issue identification and resolution, and problem solving.
- Exemplary client service skills and ability to collaborate with people at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated understanding of privacy principles and practices.
- A strong aptitude for analyzing and interpreting policy and legislation.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Any of the following certifications would be considered an asset: Certified Information Privacy Professional/Canada (CIPP/C),
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT), or Canadian Institute of Access and • Privacy Professional (CIAPP) Certifications.
- Complementary expertise or designation in risk management and/or cybersecurity would be considered an asset.
We thank all applications for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.