Senior Cybersecurity Consultant
At Mara Consulting, we help our clients – changemakers in their respective organizations — succeed, by delivering the best service and solutions in privacy and cybersecurity, business and technology strategy, and people-centred transformation.
We work with clients across all areas of the public and healthcare sectors, as well as private businesses to help them think through their most complex, pressing challenges to gain an understanding of the potential opportunities and then we chart the way forward, together. Our team believes that innovative solutions are developed by smart, brave people who ask good questions and find beauty in the details – the details that matter to our clients and their stakeholders. We lead with a creative mindset and a collaborative approach. Always.
Since founding Mara in 2009, we have continuously grown the business and client base within Canada and continue to attract and develop top talent. We are committed to cultivating a workplace culture where our team can thrive and grow professionally and personally. We focus on creativity and life-long learning, respect and teamwork, leading even the most complex challenges with passion and positivity. To support our growth, we are searching for a Senior Security and IT Consultant to join our team.
As a Senior Cybersecurity Consultant at Mara, you will work with other Cybersecurity and Technology practice team members on a wide range of challenging and interesting client assignments, primarily within Atlantic Canada. As part of Mara’s growing Cybersecurity and Technology Practice, you will lead and support our clients and partners on a wide range of challenging and exciting security, risk, and technical projects including digital health, government transformation and migration to the cloud. As a trusted advisor, collaborator and communicator, you will provide solutions that help secure and transform our clients’ organizations.
As a Senior Cybersecurity Consultant, you will work with our clients to understand their business, technical and security needs, and lead and support them through their planning, development and deployment of cybersecurity and IT solutions and designs. You will also:
- Provide strategic advice on using technology in a secure manner to achieve our client’s goals and objectives;
- Prepare solution and technical architectures and designs;
- Develop and assess security programs, policies and standards using best practice frameworks and methodologies;
- Develop risk mitigation tools such as incident response procedures, business continuity plans and disaster recovery procedures;
- Lead security risk assessments including Threat and Risk Assessments (TRAs), Vulnerability Assessments, Penetration Tests, or PCI compliance assessments to support new projects, solutions and digital services;
- Lead strategy and planning efforts around use of cloud computing platforms and technologies;
- Clearly articulate technical and security concepts and ideas to all levels of the project team, including client team members, stakeholders, and project sponsors;
- Act as a cybersecurity subject matter expert, supporting other Mara practice areas as needed.
- Minimum of ten (10) years overall experience in technology consulting, with advisory and strategy project experience considered an asset.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in cybersecurity.
- Technology consulting experience in the public and/or healthcare security sectors would be considered an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of security fundamentals and security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management and incident response processes and management.
- Experience leading the development of security designs through identification and evaluation of potential solution options, including security architecture design patterns for secure architecture and implementation.
- Knowledge of industry developments and best practices related to supporting multi-solution technology environments (Systems, Network, Server, Cloud)
- Excellence in communicating technical and security concepts to non-technical audiences.
- A sound understanding of international security and technology standards, frameworks, and best practices and experience applying same. (E.g., NIST 800 – 53, ISO 27001⁄27002, CSF, CIS, etc.)
- Experience with assessing cloud deployment security models will be considered an asset.
- Experience in the field of identity and access management will be considered an asset.
- Security and/or technology related certifications will be considered an asset, such as CISSP, CISM, CISA and, cloud computing (Azure, AWS, Google).
This role is for you if you are:
- Passionate about technology and security and applying your skills to support our clients
- An exceptional communicator – a talent you bring to development of all client deliverables
- Skilled in understanding, communicating, and applying complex concepts, and principles clearly in a way that adds value to clients
- Extremely organized and client-focused
- Detail-oriented and flexible, someone who can take on various types of work based on the current priorities of the firm and our clients
- Highly analytical, yet pragmatic
- A self-starter
- A team player and natural collaborator
- Energetic and fun-loving, but serious about the work
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package that includes an incentive program, vacation, professional development, work from home allowances, flexibility and other perks.
- Flexibility as to working arrangements — our team works from home primarily and collaborates virtually, but we frequently get together in person, and have the option of working from an office.
- A chance to be part of a highly respected team
- The chance to be part of, and contribute to a sought-after culture, based on the shared values of:
- Creativity: We are genuinely curious and deliberatively creative – solving complex problems and developing innovative solutions.
- Leadership: We aim to build capacity, not dependence.
- Teamwork: We are better together, and we celebrate the moments that matter.
- Community: We are proud of our community and the new communities we help build.
- Respect: We value the lived experiences and contributions of our colleagues, clients, partners, and communities
- Life-Long Learning: We love to learn; we revel in our work and take on challenges with passion and positivity.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, please visit www.maraconsulting.ca or find us on LinkedIn.