Location: Nova Scotia or New Brunswick
Years of Experience: 5 years
Be part of an awesome team! Mara Consulting is poised for growth and excited to welcome new colleagues.
What makes us different?
We support our employees in finding the best fit within our company – for their growth, their careers, their families, and their lives. Some of us of like to dive deeply into specific disciplines, while others like the variety of working on projects in different knowledge areas – and there is room for both at Mara Consulting. Our structure and size give you choice, and we’ll work with you during your career at Mara to find the best fit.
If this sounds like you, come be part of our growing team!
About the Opportunity:
We’re currently looking for Technical Architects in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick who ideally have experience in public sector settings.
Mara Consulting helps public sector and healthcare organizations improve and transform service delivery by applying our expertise in Technology, Privacy, Cyber Security, Change Management and Business Consulting. We believe innovative solutions are developed by smart people asking great questions. We help clients think through complex challenges for which there is no clear path and provide trusted guidance in managing risk. We believe in working collaboratively to tap into the best of our teams. And we like to enjoy ourselves along the way!
- We are deliberately creative: We intentionally look for innovative solutions that provide value. We make unexpected connections to find a way forward with complex problems.
- We practice facilitative leadership: Our aim is to build capacity, not dependence. We believe in the inherent worth of people and in what they can accomplish collectively.
- Fun is a hallmark of how we work together: We are serious about our work, but not ourselves. We have failed if the demands of a job make us strangers to our families and friends.
- We revel in our work: We nurture our team and take on challenges with optimism. We love to learn.
- We respect one another and our clients: We listen with respect to contributions from employees, clients, and colleagues. We value our employees’ diverse work and life experiences.
- As a Technical Architect, you will work with our clients to understand their business, technical and security needs and help them to develop digital solutions to meet those needs.
- Provide strategic advice on using technology to achieve our clients’ goals and objectives.
- Lead the delivery of IT strategies and roadmaps.
- Participate and/or lead activities related to preparation of enterprise / application / technical / data / security architectures and designs based on user needs.
- Clearly articulate technical concepts and ideas to all levels of the project team, including client team members, stakeholders, and project sponsors.
The experience you’ll bring:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience as a Technical and/or Security Architect.
- Experience in communicating technical and security concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience preparing solution and technical architectures and designs.
- Experience preparing IT strategies and roadmaps for large organizations.
- A strong foundation of application, platform and infrastructure architecture and security best-practices.
- Experience with cloud deployment and security models.
- Experience designing and delivering cloud-based applications and services.
- Experience designing and delivering data warehouse and BI solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity.
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills that you can to tailor to the needs of the audience.
- Strong consultative skills, including facilitation, issue identification and resolution, and problem solving.
- Exemplary client service skills and ability to collaborate with people at all organizational levels.
- Experience in the public and/or healthcare sectors will be considered an asset.
- Microsoft Azure and / or Amazon Web Services (AWS) certifications would be considered an asset.
We thank all applications for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.